Travel with WNDC Members and Guests to Stratford-upon-Avon, U.K., June 11 – 17, 2017
Prices below do not include airfare and accommodations at the White Swan hotel. Now accepting Wait-List names.
The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust has put together a very special package for Club members and their friends. These dates presume that travelers will arrive in London by Sunday evening the 11th of June. The Royal Shakespeare Company is presenting Julius Caesar and Antony and Cleopatra on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Please contact Patricia Fitzgerald at 202.232.7363 (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) to be placed on a registration list.
Our registration deadline is March 3, as we need to supply names to the hotel to finalize reservations.
This is a small group tour, and we are close to reaching our limit. Our next meeting to discuss plans is in mid-May.
Prices include the following bulleted items below.
Itinerary for June 12—17th:
- coach hire between central London and Stratford upon Avon and Stratford to London on the return journey
- On the way to Stratford, stop at Charlecote Park, a National Trust 16th century Country house with extensive gardens
- Performances of Julius Caesar and Antony and Cleopatra by Royal Shakespeare Company
- Two pre-theater lectures on the respective plays being seen
- coach hire for an Oxford excursion including admission to Blenheim Palace on the way, and a two hour guided walking tour of Oxford
- RSC theatre tickets for two performances (plays noted above)
- 2 pre-theatre lectures on the plays being seen
- RSC Question & Answer session with a member of the acting company
- One specialist lecture on the subject of William Shakespeare and Stratford
- a behind-the-scenes, private ’Trust Treasures’ library & archive collections display led by two members of the Collections team
- afternoon tea at Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
- admission and personal guided tours of the in-town Shakespeare related properties (e.g. Birthplace home, New Place,
The current estimated cost (prices are in British Pound Sterling) is approximately:
- 438 GBP per person based on 15 paying participants
- 425 GBP per person based on 16 paying participants