Dare to Compete with Emerge America
A’shanti F. Gholar, Emerge America’s Political Director:
Dare to Compete – Women Leaders for a Democratic Future
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 (Lunch)
TIME: 11:30 AM – Bar opens; 12:15 PM – Lunch served;
1:00-2:00 PM – Presentation and Q & A
EVENT TYPE: Speaker Luncheon
Interested in running for office, but don’t know where to start? Let Emerge America’s political director A’shanti Gholar point you in the right direction during our Dare to Compete luncheon and webinar. Learn the basics on starting your run for elected office or support women who are running. After the 2016 election, America desperately needs the unique perspectives and skills YOU can bring to the table.
Emerge America and the Emerge affiliates share one mission: to increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training, and providing a powerful network. Our vision: To change the face of power, politics and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all Americans.
- Studies have shown women in elected office overwhelmingly support and push forward democratic principles like equality and fairness.
- When women hold public office they are more actively involved in a variety of gender-salient issue areas, including healthcare, the economy, education and the environment.
- Women legislators are more responsive to constituents, value cooperation over hierarchical power and find ways to engineer solutions in situations where men have trouble finding common ground.
- Emerge trainers are comprised of a premiere team of campaign consultants, advisors and staff from all over the country. Many of them have been involved in some of the most successful campaign and initiatives we’ve seen in recent election cycles. They come from backgrounds that span over fundraising, direct mail, field strategy, communications, press management and campaign messaging. They have won races from the city council to the governor’s mansion.
- The entire country benefits when we have more women in elected office. Our legislatures work better and our leaders are able to forge important agreements. Everyone wins.
PRICE: $25 Members; $30 Non-members (includes lunch); $10 Lecture only.
Click HERE to attend the Webinar.