Membership Benefits and Activities
The Woman’s National Democratic Club offers many member benefits and privileges:
Free weekday access to the Whittemore House, WNDC’s headquarters, to hold meetings, host lunches, and confer with friends and colleagues.
Speaker programs with distinguished national leaders and social events such as receptions, movies, art shows, book discussions, wine tastings, travel tours, and parties (reduced rates for members).
Political advocacy through Public Policy Committee and task forces, and opportunities to work on campaigns and fundraisers for candidates.
Reduced rates for use of the beautiful and historical Whittemore House for weddings, parties, fundraisers, and other large events (16 people or more) on both weekdays and weekends.
Opportunities to serve children and the community in volunteer activities through WNDC Educational Foundation.
All rights and privileges of WNDC membership, member directory, newsletter, and special electronic communications.
Convenient location near Dupont Circle Metro Station and nearby bus stops on Connecticut Ave. and Q Street NW.
Reduced rates for garage parking across from the Whittemore House and for rooms in several nearby hotels.
And much more!
What Are My Membership Options?
- Individual: (DC-area resident, age 40+): May attend all WNDC events, serve as committee members and chairs, vote, and use Club rooms during the week. (Fees: $100 application fee, $55 per month dues, $75 per quarter food and beverage minimum).
- Business and Professional: Self-employed persons, partners, consultants, independent contractors, and sole proprietors of businesses or chief executives of nonprofit organizations. These (non-voting) members receive the benefits of WNDC membership, including free weekday use of the Whittemore House for small meetings and individual work; reduced member rates for lunches, lectures, and other WNDC-sponsored events; and reduced fees on room rentals for large events. (Fees: $100 application fee, $80 per month dues).
- Family: (DC-area member and spouse or domestic partner living in the same household): Both members have full resident membership privileges. (Fees: $100 application fee, $82 per month dues, $100 per quarter food and beverage minimum).
- Young Dems: (DC-area resident, 30-39): Have all resident membership privileges at specific discounted rate.
(Fees: $50 application fee, $27 per month dues, $40 per quarter food and beverage minimum).
- Younger Dems: (DC-area resident, 18-29): Have all resident membership privileges at specific discounted rate.
(Fees: $30 application fee, $14.50 per month dues).
- Non-Resident (members who live 50 miles or more from the clubhouse for at least six months in each fiscal year). These (non-voting) members have full access to the Club and its events at member prices. They also receive WNDC publications and have access to the members-only section of the website. (Fees: $30 application fee, $14.50 per month dues).
How to Apply
Please click on the JOIN NOW button above, complete your application, and pay your one-time application fee. WNDC will immediately notify you by e-mail that we have received your application. Once the Board has accepted your application, you will receive another e-mail with further information about your membership.