Internships & Careers
Communications and program Coordinator
Seeking a hard-working, respectful, and creative individual to join our small team of staff supporting the volunteer Board of Directors in executing the operations of the 500+ member Club. Interest in current affairs, politics, women’s issues, and women’s history is a plus.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Communication & Marketing
– Support a comprehensive promotion strategy for events and announcements at the Club
– Develop, track, and enact strategy for email marketing and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
– Maintain and update the website regularly ensuring that each page contains current content and images, maintaining contact with the web design company
– Design and produce all communication and marketing material—email, brochures, newsletter, miscellaneous graphics, and illustrations for distribution within and outside the WNDC
– Ensure the communications exhibit WNDC’s current activities and activism, historical legacy, political action and advocacy, arts and visual affairs
– Work with relevant Board members to address public relations
– Coordinate with the Program Director and Committee to plan and execute Club programming
– Coordinate directly with speakers and special guests to solicit information and materials, and coordinate day-of logistics
– Facilitate Zoom-only, in-person, and hybrid programming, gathering photos and recordings
– Maintain respectful and professional relationships with the general membership and BoD, and members of the general public
– Support membership services coordinator in answering calls to the WNDC mainline and assisting with tech support, program logistics, and other concerns
– Answer emails from members promptly or exercise knowledge of roles to appropriately direct inquiries
– Retain working knowledge of Club membership and promote and encourage membership to non-members
Intern Manager (When Applicable)
– Manage operations interns to ensure they are serving ongoing projects, completing education requirements (when applicable), coordinating with project directors to provide support
Qualifications & skills:
– Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
– Strong organizational skills; proficiency with MS Office suite and Google suite software
– Attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple projects at once
– Ability to negotiate tasks, roles, and professional dynamics with coworkers and Club members
– Ability to work in teams and facilitate teamwork, group communication, and collaboration
– Fluency with graphic design software, html/website management& website design software, and mass communication software (e.g., Constant Contact)
– 2 years’ experience in digital communications preferred; having worked for a non-profit organization or membership organization is a plus
Salary: $50,000 annually with medical benefits, sick time, and vacation.
Please contact HR Director Mindy Burrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on March 24, 2022.