Policy Updated November 15, 2022
WNDC encourages and expects all visitors to the Club to be up-to-date on vaccinations and boosters for COVID-19, and to exercise responsible judgment in decisions regarding masking, distancing, and remote participation. The WNDC will follow recommendations from the CDC and District of Columbia and will update these requirements as needed.
The November 2022 policy supersedes the March 2022 policy.
WNDC March 2022 Policy
The health and safety of our staff, members, guests and tenants is our highest priority. Until further notice, we are taking the following steps to help ensure protection against the COVID-19 virus:
Anyone wishing to enter the Whittemore House must submit proof of full vaccination in the form of a Vaccination Card from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO), a photo of same or an image from an approved private app.
The Club is continuing the requirement to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination status (which includes boosters).
- Effective March 14, 2022 visitors will be considered fully vaccinated only if BOTH of the following conditions are met:
- At least 2 weeks have passed since their second dose in a two-dose series (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or 2 weeks have passed since their single-dose vaccine (e.g. J&J); and
- They have received a booster if 6 months or more have passed since their second dose of a two-dose series or 2 months or more have passed since their first dose of a single-dose vaccine.
Proof of vaccination and updated vaccine cards can be emailed to the Membership Services Coordinator in advance or presented in person upon arrival at the Whittemore House. Non-member guests must also present government issued identification. Children age 5 and under and those with medical conditions preventing them from becoming vaccinated can provide a negative result from a COVID-19 antigen or PCR laboratory test taken within 48 hours.
The Events/Facilities Manager will establish recordkeeping processes for all staff, members, guests, tenants, and vendors who have submitted proof of vaccination and vaccination updates, and will develop a process for efficiently checking in visitors. A WNDC staff member or a volunteer will be assigned to ensure that each visitor has proof of vaccination on file or provides proof of vaccination upon entering the Whittemore House.
These requirements will be communicated to members and guests through:
- Event registration emails
- WNDC website
- Signage at the Whittemore House
- Newsletters, eblasts and program/event write ups
The WNDC will follow recommendations from the CDC and District of Columbia and will update these requirements as needed.
We thank you for your continuing contributions to our safe and lively Club.
Approved by the Executive Committee: September 8, 2021
Revised & Approved by the Executive Committee: March 10, 2022